Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: JON MFing JONES

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_blue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2002
    Posts
    893
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JON MFing JONES

    The scary part is Im not sure Shogun still isnt one of the top p4p fighters, Jones is just that good. Nobody has really given him any trouble

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JON MFing JONES

    Bonnar was a close-ish fight but he clearly won all three rounds but slowed down in the third.

    but you are right, nobody has had him hurt or really even hit him hard yet.

    Rashad gets the next crack and he will most likely get owned. He will be at a huge reach disadvantage, be teh weaker wrestler and have the lesser striking.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_blue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2002
    Posts
    893
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JON MFing JONES

    I hope he destroys Rashad I cant stand him and I thought it was more of him gassing against Bonnar than anything else. I was glad to see him pace himself in the Shogun fight you could tell he was ready to go 5 rounds

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JON MFing JONES

    He looked like a serial killer for real, his emotions were blank and he just methodically MURDERED an elite fighter. He was vicious, no doubts about it. He threw every strike with bad intentions, kicked the inside of the knee, headbutted the stomach (lol) and threw that NASTY knee to the body when Rua was on the floor.

    Rashad lost almost all my respect thru this fiasco. I used to root for Rashad but he acted like a diva with this whole Greg Jackson mess. Ive been on the JJ bandwagon a long time now (Rocky and I both been talking about him for a while now, for me since he ate up Jake O'Brien with ease) so Ill def root for him over Rashad.
    But Shogun didnt look great tonight, do you think Rashad has success last night?
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_blue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2002
    Posts
    893
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JON MFing JONES

    No I dont think theres any way Rashad has success last night, if Jones fights like that and lands a couple big strikes early I dont think anyone will handle him because he has the wrestling to wear fighters out, I think him being on top the whole night really wore Shogun out. Rashad is going to be hurting because I see no advantage for him at all with Bones, not standing or on the ground.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JON MFing JONES

    I meant could you see Rashad having success v. Shogun last night? Rua gassed really early with Jones laying on top and making him carry his weight, Rashad's a pretty good wrestler and he is a GREAT lay and prayer haha.

    I keep hearing that Machida's style could hurt Jones, but I do not see it. Machida is 100% defense while Jones is all agression. Jones could take Machida down and pepper him with strikes from range since he can hit ya from another state ha. I think a guy like Anderson, with KO power and excellent strike defense (but if Jones can close distance and take Silva down he KILLS him) or a style like Rampage. Great takedown defense, sturdy boxing and good power might give him trouble but I dont see anybody right now really beating him down.

    Anything can happen, no doubt, but Jones presents such an extreme matchup nightmare for ANYBODY. Are you a great striker with power? He will use his reach with long strikes then take you down and pound your face. Are you a great grappler with nasty submissions? He will beat you down standing, then get in your guard and **** your face up haha
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_blue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2002
    Posts
    893
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JON MFing JONES

    I honestly dont know, I think Shogun wouldve been much more aggresive against Rashad than he was against Jones you could tell the first couple minutes of the fight Shogun was trying to figure JJ out. The only way I can see somebody saying that about Machida is because he is really unorthodox and JJ wouldnt have really seen any style like that before but I dont see him getting anywhere. I think Jones could really keep Sliva at bay with his reach then maybe take him down but its hard to count out AS but I guess the big question here is do we think JJs wrestling is as good as Sonnens because if its equal or better I think he has the advantage and Rampage has plenty of power and that makes him a danger to anybody.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JON MFing JONES

    hopefully this will post, every time i try i get D/C'ed and gave up on it..................

    can ANYONE get me a vid of this fight? a link would be great.
    Cant we all just get along?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JON MFing JONES

    I would rather see A Jones/Silva Fight than a St Pierre/Silva Fights At this point in time. I think Jones would take him.
    GO VOLS

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JON MFing JONES

    I've never been one to elevate a mixed martial arts fighter too much in my mind. I've seen too many suppose P4P greatest and "unbeatable" champions get handled with ease by a guy who simply happens to possess the right skill-set to get the job done. I'm still firmly of that opinion of Silva. I see to many types of fighters who could beat him and in fact in Japan he proved that he was a bit of a quick-tapper if he gets in trouble.........Jones on the other hand might be the mold breaker. I think this might be the guy that I felt would eventually come along. A truly elite athlete with very difficult to contend with skill-set. Right now his people need to get his cardio even better and make sure he is very slick at getting back to his feet if he is ever put on his back. Those are the only question marks right now. He is going to get better, maybe a lot better. He might be the first truly long term dominate fighter in the sport.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •